I was watching a re-run of my favourite TV series today.
Never fails to cheer me up when I feel down.
And it suddenly struck me how the mode in which I watched movies/video clips have changed so drastically within a few short years.
From TV to DVDs to online viewing and now..gasp..mobile gadgets to catch the latest clips/news.
Heh, no wonder my DVD/VCD collections have dwindled now to almost a ground halt.
Which leads me to another point about movies and the role it can play in today's context. And how the mode in which it is delivered may slowly changed the way content is presented.
It is said that a great movie can transport, transfix, teach, inspire, elevate, expand and educate, and has the ability to bring across real changes.
That is the true power of the visual medium. The ability to evoke and strike an emotional chord among people. Even among the jaded beings, who have lost the ability to fly or tumble down the rabbit hole.Heh
But increasing as we watched movies/videos online, or via mobile gadgets, I seem to sense that the way in which content is presented is undergoing changes.
And I wonder if this would be a sign in the revival of good old story telling or the end of the spell cast by film.
No comments:
Post a Comment